By Moses Muli Published Dec.1, 4:56 PM EAT In September 2023, Azerbaijan took local anti-terror…
AUGUSTA — During a discussion with President Joe Biden and a bipartisan group of governors from across the nation on Tuesday, Gov. Janet Mills announced that Maine is launching an outdoor-centered incentive program aimed at encouraging Maine people to get vaccinated against COVID-19 before the summer season begins.
The public-private initiative, called “Your Shot to Get Outdoors”, is led by the Maine Department of Health and Human Services and brings together the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife, the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry, L.L.Bean, the Portland Sea Dogs, and Oxford Plains Speedway to offer incentives to get Maine people vaccinated and engaged in outdoor activities.
“The Maine outdoors is a place like no other, offering endless opportunities to have a good time and stay healthy,” said Governor Mills. “With this new initiative, we are encouraging Maine people to get their vaccine and get outdoors to experience all that our state has to offer. Whether you’re an angler or a hunter, a baseball fan or a racing fan, or someone who just all-around enjoys being outside, now is a great time to protect yourself from COVID-19 and take to the outdoors. I thank L.L.Bean, the Sea Dogs, and Oxford Plains Speedway for joining us in this important endeavor to keep our state and its people healthy.”
Effective immediately through May 31, Maine adults age 18 and older who get their first shot of a Pfizer or Moderna vaccine, or the single-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine in Maine will qualify to receive one of the following:
- Fishing License: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase up to 5,000 2021 fishing licenses for Maine residents from the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife.
- Hunting License: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase up to 5,000 2021 hunting season licenses for eligible Maine residents from the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. Eligible Maine residents include those who have completed a hunter safety course, have previously held a license, and are not felons.
- Maine Wildlife Park Pass: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase up to 5,000 passes to the Maine Wildlife Park in Gray, which are good for admission through the 2021 season, from the Maine Department of Inland Fisheries and Wildlife. One pass allows admission for up to two people.
- Maine State Park Day Pass: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase up to 5,000 day passes for Maine residents to Maine State Parks through the Maine Department of Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry. The passes can be used through June 15, 2021. One pass allows admission for one vehicle.
- L.L.Bean Gift Card: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase up to 10,000 $20 gift cards from L.L.Bean for use at their stores.
- Sea Dogs Admission Ticket: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase up to 5,000 tickets from the Portland Sea Dogs, the Double-A affiliate of the Boston Red Sox, will make available up to 5,000 for baseball games at Hadlock Field in Portland for 2021 regular season.
- Oxford Plains Speedway Pass: The Maine Department of Health and Human Services will purchase from Oxford Plains Speedway up to 5,000 tickets for weekly events in the 2021 racing season.
Maine adults vaccinated at a Maine vaccination site between May 11 and May 31 can register for their incentive beginning Monday, May 17, 2021, by filling out an online form or calling the state’s community vaccination line at 1-888-445-4111.
Mainers will be asked to submit basic information, such as their county of residence and where they received their vaccine, and may request their incentive of choice. Quantities are limited and available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Individuals who are interested in tickets to the Sea Dogs will then be contacted directly by these organizations on when and how to obtain their tickets, while individuals who express a preference for the other incentives will receive an email with information on how to redeem their incentive.